School of Business Badges Policy
School of Business Badges Policy and Procedures
1. What is the School of Business Badges System
This is a record of activities that compliment but is not a credited part of a student’s academic program. It is a unique and professional way for student’s to document accomplishments, skills, achievements and additional learning developed throughout their time at St. Lawrence College.Badges will compliment academic transcripts and resumes when applying for work, school, placement or internships.
2. Why is the School of Business Badges System beneficial to students?
- Allows students the opportunity to record their achievements over their years at St. Lawrence College.
- Allows students to gain recognition for student engagement, leadership and co-curricular activities.
- Provides students with another tool to market themselves.
- Motivates and encourages student involvement at St. Lawrence College.
3. How can student’s use the School of Business Badges System
It can be used when applying to jobs, school, placement, internships or at any time students want to showcase achievements, competencies and skills.
4. Who is eligible for School of Business Badges?
All registered full time School of Business students are eligible to submit an entry.
5. How and when should entries be submitted?
Entries will be accepted at anytime during the academic year. Entries are not retroactive, student submissions must be made within the year that their participation took place.
6. How are entries validated?
Once an entry has been submitted the Badges committee will review the submission and verify the information meets the criteria for the specified badge. Once the validation process is complete the Badge will be issued to the student via email and it cannot be modified.
7. What if a student’s Badge entry has been declined?
Once an entry has been submitted the Badges committee will review the submission and verify the information meets the criteria for the specified badge. If it is deemed to have not met the specific criteria the submission will be returned outlining the areas missing. Students have 30 days from the day the entry is returned to re-submit. In the event a student disagrees with the decisions made by their validator, the student will first be encouraged to reach an agreement with their validator. If an agreement cannot be reached, the Career Services Officer will attempt to mediate the situation.
If mediation is unsuccessful, students can appeal their declined validation within 30 days by submitting a written appeal to the Associate Dean, School of Business. This should not exceed 1.5 pages (single space) and should clearly outline why the entry should be validated or activity recognized.The decision of the Associate Dean will be made within 5 business days and is final. Submissions should be delivered to the administrator in office 12100 or email email@example.com.
8. Who do I contact if I have a question or need assistance with the Badges System?
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
9. What is the turnaround time on having my entry validated?
Validation time depends on the total number of submissions; a typical entry can be validated within two (2) weeks of submission.